TRUST, HOPE, FAITH (THF) YOUTH DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Trust, Hope, Faith not only refers to a project, but describes the essence of what the Trust Hope Faith Youth Development Project hopes to instil in the lives of the youth they encounter. Situated in Olievenhoutbosch informal settlement and attached to the Olievenhoutbosch Christian School, the project focuses on youth development. This takes place in an aftercare centre where sports activities, mentorship and leadership development, music and art classes and much more are part of every day in the lives of the youth who attend.
Training and development as well as youth camps, are done through high schools in the community, from where potential leaders are invited to join the project as volunteers. They are then prepared for adult life and some of them earn bursaries for further studies.
• Its main imperative is to reach underprivileged learners and make a difference in their growing-up years, by rendering assistance to empower and uplift learners with programmes based on Christian principles.
• Identifying those with potential and developing them with a view to their future.
Part of the Blue-O NPC.
• Registered as a NPO with the Department of Social Development.
• Qualifies for Section 18 A tax deduction.
• Qualifies for B-BBEE scorecard points.
• Registered as a PBO with SARS.
• All SARS and Department of Social Development requirements are up to date.
Black youth in Olievenhoutbosch informal settlement.
The project’s vision for the future is to build a youth centre and also to establish an Artisans & Skills Training Centre, adding to the existing computer training facilities. To duplicate the project in other similar communities.